Saturday, January 15, 2011

Something unusual that happened that day (The train ride of Disgust)

Yesterday I was on my way home from school, going through my daily routine of returning home, 2 minutes walk to the bus stop, 5 minutes wait for the bus, 3 minutes walk to the MRT Station Platform, and 20 minutes wait of staring into blank space until I reach Pasir Ris Station. But, this time, it was different. At a corner of the train cabin, there stood a man. He was looking around surreptitiously, and as I peered closer, I saw drops of cold sweat trickle down his cheek as though he was anxious about something. Then suddenly after a point of time, the "go" signal might have popped in his mind and I think he did not notice me staring at him.  
  Then, he stuck his index finger into his nose, and I can swear, what happened next made me lose my appetite for lunch. He began twirling his finger in circles in his nose, and the expression on his face almost made me laugh. His eyebrows were curled up and his face was in a serious mood as though his "gold digging campaign" was a very important thing.

  After that, he retracted his now slimy finger from his nose and had a rather large piece of dried mucus on the tip on his finger. He then moved his head and eyed it at different angles as if it was some art piece by Da Vinci!
 
  Then he started rolling it into a ball, moving his index finger and thumb back and forth like a potter shaping wet clay. After a minute, he eyed his "masterpiece" with a satisfied smile.

  And then, he did the unthinkable. I was thinking "Oh god, no don't do it!!!" But at the end, he still did it. He flicked his little ball of utter disgust away from his finger, what makes it worse, is that it landed on an unsuspecting victim's bag. I thought there and then what a nasty surprise that student would find when he returns home and checks his bag.

  After staring in horror and utter disbelief for awhile, the train shook, showing my arrival at Pasir Ris Station. As I was on my way home from the station, I just could not get that incident of my mind.


I myself think that that is a disgusting and annoying act, as it is firstly, a mucus ball from another person!!! And that it is very unhygienic.

PS: I am still having goose bumps from that disgusting incident
PPS: I STILL CAN'T GET IT OFF MY MIND!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment