Thursday, January 20, 2011

A special moment you enjoyed with your family: Barbecue!!!


  My maternal cousins just arrived on Monday!!! And yesterday, we just had our barbecue, which lasted to 1 AM!!! Now I am dead tired.
 
  Flashback time!!!! After school, I quickly rushed home to finish my homework quickly as I knew there would not be any time left after 6 o' clock, which I silently proclaimed it as "B-Day" (Yes, like WW2, ha ha)


  Since our barbecue was at Pasir Ris Park, which was 10 minutes drive from my house, and since WE were the ones who organised this barbecue in the first place, we had to reach there one hour and ten minutes earlier to start up the fire, which we failed at least 15 times before we succeeded due to the strong beach winds. But luckily, we had our aunt and uncle to help us. My aunt was the one who was in charge of bringing the food such as chicken thighs (my father request), packed spicy sting rays, corn, sweet potatoes, and nuggets and etc.


  During lunch, I purposely pretended to be full to sort of "starve" myself so that i could have a hearty meal at the barbecue, I am still giggling to myself now at that scene: 
  "Daniel, do you still want more rice?"
  "Er...no thanks,I'm really full now"


  So at about 7, all my other cousins have arrived and have all given their greetings to my maternal cousins (hmm....cousins greeting cousins) alright, now let's get back on track.

  At 8.30, everyone was quite full and we were all sitting down with a drink in our hands, alcohol for adults and sweet drinks for us!!! And at that point of time, the whole family began talking and we had alot of laughs, maybe because the adults were drunk, right there and then, I somehow felt proud to be in this perfect family, and if  I had a power to stop time, I would stop it there, in there perfect scene of happiness and peace.


  But all good things must come to an end, at about 1 in the morning, we began packing up still with tears in our eyes from the continuous laughter. In my short life so far, I have seen not much things, but of all of those experiences, this was the most special, it was my special moment with my dearest family members.

No comments:

Post a Comment